Tecumseh schools on lockdown after shootout | Crime
Officials in the Tecumseh area have put all schools in the area on lockdown.
Police scanners indicated that they received a call about a shooting in Konawa. Suspects led police on a chase in a light blue minivan. One Pottawatomie County Sheriff fired a couple of rounds at the vehicle but the chase didn't stop there. Officials lost the vehicle at Highway 77 and Highway 9. Officials then reported that the suspects carjacked a resident in the Tecumseh area near the 200 block of N. 12th St.
At least one suspect jumped into a 1988 white Oldsmobile four door vehicle. Officers are currently pursuing the vehicle the near Little Axe and Thunderbird Casino. The chase is heading westbound with speeds topping 100 miles per hour.
The suspect has attempted to run other drivers off the road and officers have thrown out stop sticks. One tire was blown out because of those stop sticks.
Upcoming Events near Shawnee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured
- Oklahoma Marine claims PTSD caused him to allegedly physically, sexually abuse his wife
- Local tribe hosting fundraiser to pay for storm shelters in schools
- Oklahoma teacher charged with sexually harassing female students
- Shirtless Man Fights Grass Fire From Four Wheeler
- Snow day turns into a nightmare for three Okla. boys