Tecumseh schools on lockdown after shootout | Crime
Officials in the Tecumseh area have put all schools in the area on lockdown.
Police scanners indicated that they received a call about a shooting in Konawa. Suspects led police on a chase in a light blue minivan. One Pottawatomie County Sheriff fired a couple of rounds at the vehicle but the chase didn't stop there. Officials lost the vehicle at Highway 77 and Highway 9. Officials then reported that the suspects carjacked a resident in the Tecumseh area near the 200 block of N. 12th St.
At least one suspect jumped into a 1988 white Oldsmobile four door vehicle. Officers are currently pursuing the vehicle the near Little Axe and Thunderbird Casino. The chase is heading westbound with speeds topping 100 miles per hour.
The suspect has attempted to run other drivers off the road and officers have thrown out stop sticks. One tire was blown out because of those stop sticks.
Upcoming Events near Shawnee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LOOKOUT! It’s Lucas Ross with drama, theatre and music!
- Great State: OK Student Inventor Expo Offers Solutions for Everyday Problems
- Child suffers minor injuries after being hit by car near elementary school
- Huge cuts could come to Dept. of Defense bringing forces to lowest level since WWII
- UPDATE: Lockdown lifted at S.E. Oklahoma City schools, authorities search for suspect called off
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel